Athens sightseeing tour with Acropolis & Museum
An acquaintance with the city where Democracy was born, and with one of the most significant ancient structures in the world. A well-planned tour that includes the important Athens landmarks, a guided visit to the Acropolis, and a visit to the stadium where the first modern Olympic Games were held. You will also get the chance to explore the new Acropolis Museum, located about 300 meters southeast of the Parthenon and boasting a breathtaking direct visual connection with the Acropolis Rock, the exhibits and the contemporary urban landscape.
- Panathenaic Stadium: The first modern Olympic Games were held here, in 1896.15-minute photo stop.
- Syntagma Square (pass by): Parliament (former Royal Palace), Monument to Unknown Soldier, Catholic Cathedral, Numismatic Museum (Sliman’s house), Neoclassical Trilogy – Academy of Fine Arts, University and National Gallery.
- Omonia Square (Pass by – no stopping) – Athens central market.
- Arch of Hadrian (pass by). A triumphal arch in honor of Roman emperor Hadrian.
- Acropolis: Two hour-visit to the Sacred Rock’s complex of classical monuments.
- Parthenon: The miracle of architecture, a temple admired since the 5th century B.C. Erechtheion and its beautiful Ionic order maidens.
- Temple of Athena Nike: Dedicated to Athena Victoria.
- Propylaea: Monumental entrance to the Acropolis. 30-minute free time following the guided tour.
- Herod Atticus Odeon: Seen from the upper part of the Acropolis.
- Theater of Dionysus: The oldest Greek theater, at the foot of the Sacred Acropolis Rock.
- Temple of Olympian Zeus (pass by – no stopping): One of the most important and ancient sanctuaries in Athens.
- Acropolis Museum: Its three levels and the archaeological excavations in its foundations feature findings from the Acropolis and its footings, from across different chronological eras. The Parthenon Gallery at the top floor will take your breath away with both its exhibits and its panoramic view.
- Winter (November – March), every Tuesday & Saturday
- Summer (April – October), every day
- Starts at 08:15
- Duration: 5 hours
- In case of mobility issues please inform accordingly
- Entrance fees
- Professional guides, tour exclusively in Spanish
- Pickup from/drop-off at selected hotels
- Transportation by luxury A/C coaches
- WiFi connection on board
- Headsets (to hear the guide)
- All taxes
- Skip-the-line access
- Lunch and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Personal expenses